Chrome Extension Skeleton Generator (or cesgen) is a python utility designed to allow rapid prototyping of Chrome Extensions.
Some of the features:
- Crafts a maintainable folder structure for development.
- Takes cares of permissions and script syntax in the manifest file.
- Copies over css/img directories into your projects.
- Creates background and content-scripts with options and context-menu code added.
- Quick creation of custom homepage extensions.
- Fixed some bugs with generating the manifest file.
- Fixed a bug where iterating through options wouldn't work on newer versions of Chrome.
- Streamlined the option retrieval boilerplate.
- Added support for generation of css-partnered content-script generation.
- Added visual feedback when generation is finally complete.
- Added support for icon generation and boiler code.
- Fixed a bug where blank spaces caused some weird unicode-rendering errors.
- Cleaned up the folder structure.
The code is licensed under the Apache License, which means you are free to modify it however you desire.